Flexibility - Permanent Full-Time/Part-Time or Contractor Roles available
Laura Fergusson Brain Injury Trust has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Clinical Psychologist/Neuropsychologist to join our highly skilled interdisciplinary rehabilitation team.
Te Whiwhinga Mahi/The Opportunity
Our Psychology Services continue to grow, and we are looking for more Clinical Psychologists and /or Neuropsychologists to join our large supportive Psychology team in the beautiful South Island region of Canterbury. We need an experienced professional who enjoys residential and community-based work within an interdisciplinary team to provide quality psychological and neuropsychological services to our kiritaki/client group.
Preferably you will have experience working in neurorehabilitation with kiritaki/clients with neurological disorders such as traumatic brain injury, and with complex psychological presentations. Ideally you will be skilled in conducting neuropsychological and psychological assessments and providing therapy and rehabilitation. However, applications are encouraged both from senior psychologists and those who are more recently qualified.
Kiritaki/clients present to our service with a variety of conditions including concussion, moderate to severe traumatic brain injury, spinal injury, multi-trauma, and some other neurological conditions such as stroke. You will be involved with a variety of clinical work (assessment, rehabilitation interventions, therapy, and group work) for injury related rehabilitation. There is also the potential to use or extend your skills into other types of work such as clinical supervision, contributing to services for family members of kiritaki/clients with brain injuries or contributing to research projects and other service developments.
The role is based in Christchurch, but some travel will be necessary as we cover a large geographical area in the centre of South Island, New Zealand.
Ka whiwhi koe i te aha/What you will get in return
- A friendly team focussed working environment
- Competitive remuneration between $79,000 and $111,000 per annum dependent on experience
- A commitment to providing ongoing professional development opportunities
- A generous professional development budget ($2500-$4500 per year depending on seniority)
- 5 weeks of annual leave for those at the Consultant Clinical Psychologist/ Neuropsychologist level
- Reimbursement of APC and Professional Memberships
- Flexible working hours
- Gym membership at corporate rates
Ko wai koe/About You
- A qualified, motivated, NZPB registered Clinical Psychologist/ Neuropsychologist with a minimum of two years’ post qualification experience.
- Specialist skills and experience in Neuropsychology.
- A team player who puts kiritaki/clients and their whanau at the centre of everything they do.
- Experience with upskilling and supporting other team members.
- Some experience working on ACC contracts, and research experience, would both be desirable, though not essential.
- Willing to work within the Mission and Vision of Laura Fergusson Trust
- Willing to work to our values:
- We care
- We are respectful
- We are inclusive
- We do it right
- Confident in working in a fast paced, quick changing environment alongside other members of the team.
Mō tatou/About us
The Laura Fergusson Brain Injury Trust is an independent, not-for-profit, community and residential rehabilitation provider. The Rehabilitation division specialises in community-based rehabilitation services for people who have suffered traumatic brain injuries, though also works with kiritaki/clients with other injuries and psychological conditions such as spinal injuries or PTSD following injury.
Don’t miss this opportunity to work with a great team, great kiritaki/clients and in a fun and flexible working environment.
For more information and a copy of the position description, click here or contact Nic Ward, Clinical Lead Psychology or Pat Hopkins Clinical Manager Rehabilitation on 03 335 0541
Applying for the role
Please apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to Careers@lfbit.co.nz.
No vacancies above that suit you skill set?
If you are a Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech and Language Therapists, Clinical Psychologist, Neuropsychologist, or a Registered Nurse, with expertise in brain injury, we would love to hear from you. Send us an expression of interest including a cover letter and your CV by clicking below.Contact us