Our vision of ‘ordinary life opportunities’, combined with the passion of our people to help our clients achieve this, shines through in everything we do.
Life at Laura Fergusson Brain Injury Trust
Laura Fergusson Brain Injury Trust employs approximately 200 people in a wide variety of roles. Our team consists of Registered Nurses, Enrolled Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Neuropsychologists, Clinical Psychologists, Speech and Language Therapists, Social Workers, Support Workers, Rehabilitation Assistants, Rehabilitation Coaches, Chefs, Food Assistants, Administrators, Cleaners and various leadership and management roles.
Are you interested in working for an organisation that is driven to help its clients achieve independence, inclusion and quality of life after a brain injury? We are seeking dedicated, hardworking Registered Nurses to assist our clients in our brain injury rehabilitation and residential units based at 279 Ilam Road, Christchurch.
We are an independent, charitable organisation driven to help our clients achieve independence, inclusion and quality of life after a brain injury. Through a full continuum of assessment, rehabilitation and support services, delivered when and where they're needed, our highly skilled interdisciplinary team work with our clients and their families/whanau to develop individualised strategies that equip them to find new pathways through life.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Registered Nurse to provide clinical care to our 31 Fergusson Unit residents and out of hours advice and support as required to our 14 small group living residents. You will be part of a friendly dynamic team, working in partnership with our support workers and team leaders, and report directly to the Clinical Manager.
What we offer
- Night shift allowance
- The opportunity to further develop your role within a rehabilitation setting
- A friendly team focussed work environment
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Gym membership at corporate rates
- Easy access to on road parking.
- Good team player but also confident working in a sole charge role and leading the night shift
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent in the use of information technology
- Able to work rostered day and night shifts across 7 days
For more information about these roles please contact:
Sarah Barham Clinical Manager Residential Unit, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking to enhance your career in an organisation committed to ensuring an engaged, supported and positive workforce, we encourage you to find out more about us!
- A work environment that focuses on:
Clients, their families and whānau
Friendly and professional staff
- An interdisciplinary team of clinicians who are experts in their field
- Strong leadership
- Continuous quality improvement
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Comprehensive induction and orientation programmes
- Professional development opportunities including in-service training, webinars, conferences, forums and seminars
- Competitive remuneration
- Work/life balance through flexible working arrangements
- A focus on wellbeing with a wellness programme that includes gym membership at corporate rates
We recognise that stress, grief and personal issues can have a significant serious effect on work performance and can lead to unsafe work practices. To support our team to work through any issues they may have, we offer an employee assistance programme (EAP) as part of our Health and Safety Strategy.
We are strongly inclusive and embrace diversity resulting in a rich culture that wraps around our values:
We are respectful
We are inclusive
We do it right
We achieve by supporting each other to share knowledge, collaborate and learn together in a friendly safe environment.
Are you interested in being part of our team?
If you are a Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech and Language Therapists, Clinical Psychologist, Neuropsychologist, or a Registered Nurse, with expertise in brain injury, we would love to hear from you. Send us an expression of interest including a cover letter and your CV by clicking below.Contact us