Life at Laura Fergusson Brain Injury Trust
Laura Fergusson Brain Injury Trust employs approximately 200 people in a wide variety of roles. Our team consists of Registered Nurses, Enrolled Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Neuropsychologists, Clinical Psychologists, Speech and Language Therapists, Social Workers, Support Workers, Rehabilitation Assistants, Rehabilitation Coaches, Chefs, Food Assistants, Administrators, Cleaners and various leadership and management roles.
Permanent Full Time
Laura Fergusson Brain Injury Trust has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Physiotherapist to join our highly skilled interdisciplinary rehabilitation team.
About the role
The Physiotherapist will be responsible for the assessment of clients who have suffered traumatic brain injury and the development of rehabilitation interventions supporting their return to everyday lives. There may also be opportunity to work across different areas of the organisation. Whilst working primarily with clients with TBI and concussion, you will also be involved with spinal cord and musculoskeletal injuries, with opportunities to upskill and increase your knowledge base.
What we offer
A friendly team focussed working environment.
A commitment to providing ongoing professional development opportunities
Reimbursement of APC.
Gym membership at corporate rates.
- A minimum of two years full time post qualification experience in neurological rehabilitation, ideally with traumatic brain injury clients.
- Vestibular rehabilitation experience would be helpful, although training available as required
- Registered Physiotherapist approved by the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand.
- A knowledge of neurological rehabilitation practices within an interdisciplinary team,
- Willing to work within the Mission and Vision of Laura Fergusson Brain Injury Trust
- Willing to work within our values:
- We care
- We are respectful
- We are inclusive
- We do it right
- Confident in working in a fast paced, quick changing environment alongside other members of the team.
We are an independent, charitable organisation driven to help our clients achieve independence, inclusion and quality of life after a brain injury. Through a full continuum of assessment, rehabilitation and support services, delivered when and where they're needed, our highly skilled interdisciplinary team work with our clients and their families/whanau to develop individualised strategies that equip them to find new pathways through life.
Don’t miss this opportunity to work with a great team, great clients and in a fun and flexible working environment.
Click here for a copy of the position description, or contact Amy Stuart, Physiotherapy Lead during business hours on 03 335 0541.
Applying for the role
Please apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to Careers@lfbit.co.nz
If you are looking to enhance your career in an organisation committed to ensuring an engaged, supported and positive workforce, we encourage you to find out more about us!
- A work environment that focuses on:
Clients, their families and whānau
Friendly and professional staff
- An interdisciplinary team of clinicians who are experts in their field
- Strong leadership
- Continuous quality improvement
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Comprehensive induction and orientation programmes
- Professional development opportunities including in-service training, webinars, conferences, forums and seminars
- Competitive remuneration
- Work/life balance through flexible working arrangements
- A focus on wellbeing with a wellness programme that includes gym membership at corporate rates
We recognise that stress, grief and personal issues can have a significant serious effect on work performance and can lead to unsafe work practices. To support our team to work through any issues they may have, we offer an employee assistance programme (EAP) as part of our Health and Safety Strategy.
We are strongly inclusive and embrace diversity resulting in a rich culture that wraps around our values:
We are respectful
We are inclusive
We do it right
We achieve by supporting each other to share knowledge, collaborate and learn together in a friendly safe environment.
Are you interested in being part of our team?
If you are a Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech and Language Therapists, Clinical Psychologist, Neuropsychologist, or a Registered Nurse, with expertise in brain injury, we would love to hear from you. Send us an expression of interest including a cover letter and your CV by clicking below.Contact us