A recent addition to our suite of services, we are now able to offer community-based nursing to people who meet the criteria.
Sometimes, additional challenges make it difficult for people to receive nursing care from their general practice team (GPT).
People whose treatment cannot be delivered by their GPT may be eligible to receive nursing services, funded by ACC. This community-based nursing treatment is available from the comfort of a person’s home or appropriate community location, for example a school or workplace.
This service is available to clients in the Hurunui, Waimakariri, Selwyn, Christchurch City, and Ashburton districts:
- Whose nursing needs are too complex for their GPT
- Whom require specialised treatment
- Whom require nursing treatment for serious injury
- Who are physically unable, or unable to safely attend their GPT
- Whom require care outside of normal practice hours